Every year from January to March, Apple holds a new semester event for college students (including faculty and staff). Here's what I shoveled while purchasing the MacBook Air at this Apple's new school year event. Notes on purchasing Apple's new school year eventhas been laid out
Last year, the price of 40 won headphones was about 17 won, so it's about 23 won, but this time it's about 20 won (199,000 won).
The event period is from January 1th to March 7th.
2021 Apple Student Discount is from January 2021 to March 1, 7. Here's what's written in small letters at the bottom of the page:
- Promotional offer is available from January 2021 to March 1, 7 when purchasing eligible Apple products at an Apple Store store or Apple Education Discount Store, or by calling 3-16-080. Availability of in-store promotional offers may be limited due to the closure of Apple Store stores due to the impact of COVID-330. Full promotion terms and conditions apply. apple.com/us/promoSee .
- Apple Education Discounts on AppleCare+ apply only to eligible products during the promotional period and cannot be applied concurrently with non-qualified Apple Education discounts. AppleCare+ purchases with eligible products do not qualify for the discount unless during the promotional period.
- Apple Education Discount. College students and freshmen, their parents, and faculty and staff can take advantage of these benefits. Quantities are limited.
- The trade-in amount will vary depending on the condition, year, and composition of the product being trade-in. You must be at least 19 years old to be eligible for trade-in with credit or Apple Store Gift Card. Not all devices are eligible for trade-in. For more information on trade-in and recycling of eligible devices, visit Apple's trade-in partners. Regulations and restrictions may apply. Estimated payment calculations are based on receiving devices matching the description provided by the user. Apple reserves the right to refuse to accept any device or to limit the quantity.
MacBook discount and AirPods bonus
Discounts are as follows:
1. MacBook 13 ~ 27 won discount
2. AirPods (199,000 won) when ordering a MacBook or iPad, upgrade to AirPods Pro for free or pay an additional fee
3. AppleCare+ 20% discount
It seems that college students these days do not take notes, but rather take notes with the Apple Pencil on the iPad Pro. The note costs a few thousand won, but the price of the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil is... The professor says that he uses PowerPoint and scans books and puts them all on the iPad Pro, so it seems that there are some people who don't buy a laptop and do everything as a pro with an iPad.
It is said that graduate students also use the iPad Pro 12.9-inch a lot. A4 size paper is visible even without zooming in, so you can read the paper while stroking it with an Apple Pencil. If I were to go back to graduate school (I don't want to), I'd probably buy an iPad Pro 12.9-inch and an Apple Fence. I still want to buy it, but it's too heavy, so I'm satisfied with the iPad. (I have to be satisfied ^^)
20% off AppleCare
AppleCare costs 249,000 won, but it is 20 won with a 199,000% discount.
I started using a MacBook in 2007 and have been using it until 2021, but the MacBook broke down only once in 2008 or so. So I didn't buy the Apple Care, but last year the battery swelled up and I replaced it. The free period had passed and there was no Apple Care, so it would cost about 60 won. So this time I listened to AppleCare. I have used about 14 Macs for about 10 years and have only received repairs twice, in 2008 and 2020, but AppleCare is psychological insurance. I like Apple products, but repairing Apple products costs a lot of money.
Thanks to that, I bought an Apple silicon MacBook that used an M1 chip for the first time.